Saturday, November 20, 2010

WinXP Explorer details view has lost columns like ';dimensions'; for images - how do I restore them?

Once upon a time, if I were in a folder full of MP3s I could change to ';Details'; view and then right-click the columns and choose to include Bitrate, duration, author etc. Or for pictures I could get the dimensions. Now, for all files and all folder templates when I right click the ';More...'; option is there, but it only gives me 9 options (Name, Size, Type, Date Modified, Date Created, Date Accessed, Attributes, Status %26amp; Owner) and not the 28 expected. Where are they? Can I restore them? I had a bit of a hunt around the registry but to no avail. I haven't tried System Restore because I'm not sure exactly when they disappeared, and I don't want to roll back because I have made a number of changes recently. I have tried diff-ing two Registry exports in WinMerge, but there's been so many changes I couldn't find one that was relevant.

Can anyone help?WinXP Explorer details view has lost columns like ';dimensions'; for images - how do I restore them?
I've tried to find an answer but to no avail.



What I suggest you do instead of a System Restore, is by creating a new profile (i.e. a username) and seeing if that one has any problems



At least if that one has no problems, you don't have to do a System Restore and you know th fault lies within your profile.WinXP Explorer details view has lost columns like ';dimensions'; for images - how do I restore them?
go to start, go into search. hit all .All your files and folders will show.you can reset them from there.The only alternative that I know is system restore..You shouldn't loose all your info it may just be renamed. if you do you can use the first way I told you to restore them

No comments:

Post a Comment