Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How can I change the bitrate of my video AVI files for my Creative Labs Zen Vision: M video/mp3 player?

I just got my Creative Zen Vision: M yesterday and put a bunch of videos on it, but some of the .AVI files won't play. The error message I get is: ';Cannot play Video with this bitrate.'; First of all, I'm not really sure what a ';bitrate'; is, although I believe it has to do with the quality (in kbps) of the video which corresponds with the file size. I'm not that computer savvy as far as creating and altering digital audio and video, so any suggestions or links to software programs or forums would be greatly appreciated.



For those who have the Zen Vision: M, does the software it came with do any kind of file converting? I haven't played around with it yet, as I used Windows Media Player to sync my files to the Zen Vision.



Coming from an iPod nano (which I lost, go figure), so far I like the Zen Vision and I'm getting the hang of the navigation, which was a bit tricky in the beginning.How can I change the bitrate of my video AVI files for my Creative Labs Zen Vision: M video/mp3 player?
Hi,



This page suggests the software that came on the CD will convert correctly.



...it only supports 楽imple Profile?encodings, which means that not even all files of the correct format will play. However, Creative does supply a converter application on the CD. I can report that it works but it檚 not quick by any means. It all means that the drag and drop advantage over the iPod is not as clear cut as it seems.How can I change the bitrate of my video AVI files for my Creative Labs Zen Vision: M video/mp3 player?
any video program can down grad the video, such as adobe premier
The Creative Zen Vision :M does come with software to convert *.avi files for playing. Its found in the Creative Zen M Media Explorer under Convert Video. The software gives you options which I think also include resizing to fit your screen and what quality of picture you want (assuming bit rate)

No comments:

Post a Comment