Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Changing the bitrate of mp3/wma, how?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a free program which will allow me to lower the bitrate of mp3's I have. I have copied some in lossless format but would like to lower them (to 192/256) to transfer to my mp3 player (lossless takes up too much space).Changing the bitrate of mp3/wma, how?
I agree with 'ariel c' above answer.

Also you can use this program ';LameXP'; link here http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Lame

';Lame'; is the best encoder for MP3.

If your OS is not Windows XP then try those other program in that same link wich also uses Lame codec.

By the way, you can also use your mp3 player's software. Most of the player softwares supports changing the bitrate.Changing the bitrate of mp3/wma, how?
you can download MusicMatch Jukebox 10.00.4033 (26 MB) from this link: http://oldapps.com/MusicMatch_Jukebox.htm, it's free, you can change the bitrate of a single file or multiple files at once, i use this software to convert most of my mp3 with higher bitrate to 128kbps which is a standard format used for my Sony PSP for playing Mp3 audio files c';,)

No comments:

Post a Comment